Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sizing Them Up


I While Back I Entered A Charity Race...Well Just Sort Of Showed Up I Guess. Anyways, It Was 10Km Of Sprinting That Took A Total Of 25 Minutes. These Guys Were My Most Dangerous Competition! I Scouted Them All Out And Examined Their Prep. Techniques Carefully. I Left Nothing Out - I Wanted The Competitive Edge In This Endurance Sprint To Glory. I Figured I Hang Back And Start Last And Slowly Make My Way Through Gradually Picking Up Speed As The Pack Thinned. The Plan Worked Brilliantly! By Mid Race I Was In 4th Position But The Leaders Were Nowhere In Sight. I Charged A Sand Hill Along Side The Black Ash Creek And Pushed On - Continuing To Gain Speed While Ever Increasing My Crank Arm Revolutions. At About The 7Km Mark I Had My First Place In Sight And Gave It Another Go At Increasing Speed. The Oponent Heard Me Charge And Picked Up His Pace Too. This Was Not Going To Be Handed To Me I Had To Give It All I Had If I Wanted To Come Out Victorious. The Sweat Was Pouring Off Me And My Breathing Was Irratic And Strained - "I've Got To Win!" As I Came Up Behind This Monster Of A Racer I New It Was Mine For The Taking. I Over Took Him In 2 Strides And Never Looked Back. He Fell Behind And Got Lost In My Dust As I Went On To Beat The 10 Year Old And Several Other Competitors By A Whopping 15 Minutes! I Sat On The Grass And Quietly Enjoyed My Vicory As The First Wave Of Finishers Rolled Across The Line. Then I Went Home. The End!

1 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

i guess i know you made it home safely now :)

ps. good job beating little kids... hahhaha...

14/7/06 8:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home