Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lost

Last night i spent the night in the rain forest with only the clothes on my back - no coat or anything! I went for a walk which turned into climbing a mountain. From there i saw another, much taller mountain so i went and climbed that. I noticed the sun was starting to get low in the sky by this point so i thought i would cut through the rainforest in between a small set of mountains/hills and would come out on the beach close to where my lodge is. Well, i few hours later i popped out on the cliffs at the oceans edge no where near the lodge so I began to run along the rocks as i knew the light was not going to last. I was really going fast along the cliffs and could see the lighthouse off the point where my lodge is off in the distance - i was getting close - but not close enough. I came to a massive cliff with no way around and about 80' of frigid pacific water separating me from the other side - i would have to go back into the forest to navigate my way around. By the time i was in the brush it was completely black and with a 150 foot cliff on the side of me i thought it would be wise to turn back and sleep on the rocks for the night and try again in the morning. So i hunkered down and made a makeshift bed out of some ground cover and froze the night away getting only a few blinks of sleep here and there before sunrise. In the morning i re-entered the dense forest and soon found myself totally lost and losing hope. Remaining as calm as possible i sat and listened to the forest for a solid 10 minutes, meditated, and gathered my instincts to find my way to the peninsula on the way back to the lodge about an hour later. Deciding to stick to the rocks i clammered and climbed the huge jagged cliffs holding on with everything i had in me and eventually made my way back to the beach. Relief! I made it out alive and had the rest of the day to enjoy the sunshine and nap outside, reliving my experience with contentment for the remaining afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

you are awesome :)

5/4/07 12:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home